Access

Johnny Ernst Nielsen j_e_n_pub at yahoo.dk
Fri Jan 11 11:54:49 UTC 2008

fredag den 11. Januar 2008 kvad O. Sinclair:
> Johnny Ernst Nielsen wrote:
> > fredag den 11. Januar 2008 kvad Neil Winchurst:
> >> At the moment I am using Edgy which is getting a bit old, so my
> >> version of kexi is also old. I expect to move to Hardy in April
> >> which should have more up to date versions of programs, and is
> >> the next LTS version I understand.
> >
> > Kubuntu 8.4 (Hardy) will _not_ have LTS, because of the big
> > transition to KDE 4.0
>
> Really? As I understood it 8.04 will be LTS but with KDE
> 3.5.something and not KDE4. KDE4 only available as an optional
> download.

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

Of course I haven't got a link to the "official" explanation, from
which I got my understanding.

The point was something along the lines of this:

"We will not have enough developers for long term support of KDE 3,
since they all now move to KDE 4 development."

Has anyone got that link?

Best regards :o)

Johnny :o)