KDE Programs Naming Convention

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jan 10 13:36:31 UTC 2008

WANSTALL Malcolm wrote:

> Thanks Dotan, I am in exactly the same boat. Personally, I'm completely
> used to all the program names, use them every day _but_ I experienced
> someone who did find it difficult. I'm just not sure why it seems to be
> such a sore point with some.

That's easy.  As a group, we tend not to suffer fools gladly, and ditching
an OS because you don't like it's names is the epitome of foolishness.

> I prefer OOo because it's free, but I can also admit that MS
> Word is a good application

No, Word is a good "concept", but when I have to teach secretaries who have
used Word since it's initial creation how to use it, it's obviously failing
on usability grounds (and I'm no expert - still wrestle with it every time
I use it).  Of course, ooo is worse...
--
derek