Looping through folders in KMail

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 08:16:44 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
>
>> I'm using KMail 1.9.6 under Kubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy)
>>
>> In the past I've used the setting to Loop in All Folders to go through
>> unread
>> mail, and it's worked fine.  Unfortunately, in this release it seems not
>> be working.  Once mail in one folder has been read, pressing <+> no longer
>> moves to the next folder with unread mail.
>>
>> Somebody has suggested that this is a Gutsy problem, no a KMail problem
>> Is somebody right?
>
> I can't see how it could be. It would have to be a KMail problem, but I
> haven't got it to loop through all folders since before Gutsy.
I (being on Gutsy etc) set the Option "Loop through all folders", it was
previously set to not looping. Then I tried with <+> when I had mail and
got a pop-up question if I wanted to go to next unread mail in next
folder (something like that). There was also a tick-box "do not ask this
next time". You might not by mistake have clicked "no" and ticked this
box? I ticked the box, clicked "Yes" and now <+> works in taking me to
next unread mail in next folder (or whatever folder has unread mail).

Sinclair