New Problem Wine?

Clark cpmcc at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 10 02:59:41 UTC 2008

I have an Encyclopaedia package that I want to run but it needs
Microsoft so I downloaded "Wine" which gives 3 options: browse C:\
drive; Configure Wine and uninstall.
Given that configure seems to be the best otion to open Wine, I went for
that however at the eighth bounce of the ball the entire system "locks"
the only way out is to push the reset button on the PC.
Two options:
a) get assistance for Wine fault or
b) forget Wine and ask for directions to a partitioning tool and
tutorial - my Canonical CD is supposed to have partitioning software but
I can'' seem to find it.

Suggestions with either or both would be appreciated.  I am trawling the
FAQs

Clark.