KDE Programs Naming Convention

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed Jan 9 07:16:39 UTC 2008

WANSTALL Malcolm wrote:
> I gave my friend, a very educated young lass, a live CD of Kubuntu as
> she was wanting me to downgrade her Vista laptop to XP and I thought it
> was my civic duty to show her another option. I said "Play around with
> it for a day and see if it does what you want" which, after some
> convincing, she did.

If some convincing is necessary, it is no wonder if she came up with some
silly arguments why not to use the new thing. What she meant was
really "I don't want to learn something new". Even if the program names
were brilliant, there would be some other reason why not to use it. In
that situation there is no chance to convert someone - don't force people
to use Linux. I have given Linux distros to several people. I have never
heard anyone complaining about all those application names with a K
instead of a C. Either people are willing to try something new or there
is no chance at all.

Nils