Gimp rc on Gutsy - why?

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Mon Jan 7 15:39:07 UTC 2008

D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On Friday 04 January 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
>
>> My daughter is complaining that her gutsy install only has gimp rc
>> (release candidate) available - and that there are loads of things that
>> don't work.
>> Why is there no 'stable' version available - or at least one that works
>> [mostly]?
>
> What doesn't work?
>
> I'm having a lot of trouble finding some things that have moved around, but it
> seems to be working just fine so far as I've encountered with what I've
> tried.

Sorry for taking so long to reply - I finally managed to get my daughter
to write down the problem:

She wants to add a border to an image. She right-clicks > Filters >
Decor > Border. She chooses a size in the dialogue box (1 for both x &
y) then OK.
The Gimp starts the process but ends with an error message:

	Gimp Message
Plug-in 'Add Border' left image undo in inconsistent state, closing open
undo groups.

Any ideas?

Blessings,

Nigel