transfering files from PClinuxos to Kubuntu computer

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sun Jan 6 06:53:37 UTC 2008

On Sunday 06 January 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:

> You will of course need to read some documentation on how to set it all
> up - man nfs
>
> You could instead think about setting up a local ftp server on the
> Kubuntu machine.

NFS is supposed to be great, but the few times I've played with it, I couldn't
figure out how to set it up quickly enough, and I got bored.

What I've always done is more secure and easier to use than FTP though.  I run
the ssh server on any box I want to copy files to, and simply scp or rsync
files there.

This sounds like more of a command line dork kind of approach though, and I
bet most normal humans would want to get NFS working, so they could drag and
drop across the network.
--
D. Michael McIntyre