Dolphin Can't save Bookmarks?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Thu Jan 3 06:29:05 UTC 2008

Terence Simpson wrote:
> Nils Kassube wrote:
> > Terence Simpson wrote:
> >> expanding on what deguz said, "sudo -r chown $(whoami):
> >> ~/.kde/share/apps/d3lphin/" will fix that.
> >
> > I think the command should rather be this:
> >
> > sudo chown -R $(whoami):$(whoami) ~/.kde/share/apps/d3lphin/
> >

> > Nils
>
> Both work, if you don't fill in a group it uses your primary group.

Ah, it is nice to learn something new on this list every other day.
However, the second $(whoami) wasn't the reason for my mail. The real
reason was that there is no sudo option "-r" or command "-r".

OTOH, to make sure there is no other file left with wrong permissions, it
might be wise to change the entire $HOME or at least $HOME/.kde/
directory.

Nils