Off Topic: OpenOffice.org Base HSQLD Help

Larry Hartman larryhartman50 at vzavenue.net
Wed Jan 2 01:38:52 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 01 January 2008 01:47:44 pm Donn wrote:
> > concatenate function statements....I don't know the internals well enough
> > to understand why.  CHAR ( 44) is a comma, CHAR( 32 ) is a space.
>
> I don't know OOO Base from a hole in the ground, but those chars are ascii
> values. 32 is space, 44 a comma, 65 is A, 66 B and so on.
>
> \d

I assumed as much but nothing definitive to tell me.

</RANT>

Took me three hours or so today to find a sample code for making a button open
another form.  While I wish not to say this, it does appear that MS VBA is
far easier and more intuitive to learn than Star Basic, and the MS
documentation is much better structured and easier to digest....such is the
dismal state of Star Basic used in Open Office.

</END RANT>