How to add new ttf fonts ?

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 08:59:47 UTC 2008

> How can I add new ttf fonts to kubuntu 7.10
Shameless plug: You could use Fonty Python and then keep all your fonts in a
folder somewhere and only install the ones you need at any one time.

 This has the advantage of keeping your font chooser dialogues shorter (and
trust me, if you install font packages from the repos you *will* be scrolling
through vast gobi deserts of fonts looking for one you can use!).

Here's the link: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/fontypython/

It's not a KDE app, but fits right-in anyway.

It does not solve the "where do I get fonts from in the first place" problem,
but there are many free fonts available on the web.

\d