Inspiron 1525 - no ethernet connection

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Thu Feb 28 16:41:41 UTC 2008

I just purchased a Dell Inspiron 1225 and installed 7.10 on it.

I had to start the installation again, without any network configuration as it hung on
'scanning mirrors'.
After the second [successful] install I configured eth0 with a static IP address (like all
our computers on our home network) but, although there is a green light on the eth0
connector when the cable is plugged in and the network mamager says everything is working,
I can't even ping our gateway, let alone get onto the internet.

Is there a known issue with the Dell ethernet 'card' on the Inspiron 1525? If so how do I
fix it?

Blessings,

Nigel

--