which wireless router?

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Mon Feb 25 19:51:49 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Nils Kassube wrote:
>
>> Derek Broughton wrote:
>>> How can it tell one has a better signal unless it's constantly testing
>>> it?
>> Yes, that's how diversity works, constant testing. You have 2 receivers
>> and monitor the signal with both antennas simultaneously.
>
> Yeah, but you have two _transmitters_ too.  Or does it simply assume that
> the one with the best reception must be the one which will be best for
> transmitting?

We have the DDWRT software in our Linksys and you can have one antenna
for receive and the other for transmit, or you can have both tx/rx. We
had one antenna run to a dish antenna outside and another dish antenna
at my daughters house about a block away and shared our internet
connection with her. If you have a two story or very large house simply
remote mount one antenna for better coverage.

You can also crank up the power to a max of about a quarter watt for
trouble areas in your house.