Accented characters: sudden strange difficulty to produce them.
paulatgm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 14:56:32 GMT 2008
Donn said the following on 02/18/2008 09:34 AM:
> Bas - I'd help if I could but this is all a mystery to me too.
I also do not know for sure. However, there are things you can try.
Usually, configuration info on kde is stored in your home's .kde
directory. Whenever I've had problems with my configuration, I've tried
recreating it from scratch. To do this, I copy, then log out, then
delete the original, then log back in.
1) Cntl-Alt-F1 will take you to a terminal .. you'll have to login with
your username & password.
2) Go back to the desktop with Cntl-Alt-F7.
3) Log out
4) Go back to the terminal (Ctrl-Alt-F1)
5) Make a copy / delete the original by moving it to another name:
mv .kde .kde-orig
6) Go back to the desktop with Cntl-Alt-F7.
7) Log in
Try to set up the keyboard preferences. If they work, then you can
customize all the other preferences and keep working. If not, then I'm
More information about the kubuntu-users