Accented characters: sudden strange difficulty to produce them.

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 16:26:24 UTC 2008

Bas,
Can you get accented characters in other KDE apps like Kate and Kedit? If so,
perhaps you can write in those and copy/paste into Firefox.

 The thing here is that Firefox and thunderbird are not native KDE apps and,
as such, they have only marginal contact with the KDE system. I think you
need to focus on them and not KDE. As to what to do exactly... perhaps visit
the mozilla lists or forums for better advice.

It could be that you simply need some plugin or setting for those two apps.
Open Office is also unconnected to KDE, but they have done something right
bcause it's working. This indicates, to me, that the underlying system (X) is
doing the right thing and that only Firefox and Thunderbird are being
stubborn.

I may be 100% wrong :) Good luck.

\d
--
Truth in matters of religion is simply the opinion that has survived.
-- Oscar Wilde

Fonty Python and other dev news at:
http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/