correction

Constantinos Maltezos pandarsson at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 05:10:07 UTC 2008

Okay, I'm a dummy.  Obviously, 8.8.25 is older than the other two I mentioned.
Now, slap me around and call me Matilde, but to me, .8 is bigger than .455.
Bah.

Anyway.  So, apparently the issue was resolved way back.  I submit to you,
however, that it's back.  I tried installing KDE4, managed to break my KDE3
and KDM was uninstalled, so when I rebooted it put me at the command line - a
perfectly visible, usable and beautiful command line.  But, when I
did "startx" and tried to switch back, I got the black screen again.  And
when I shut down, it gave me a couple of seconds of corrupted graphics.

I *will* figure this out, by damn, even if I have to threaten the ATI Linux
developers with my best friend's singing so they'll fix it.