knetworkmanager-network manager issues

Michael W. Holdeman lists at ptfd.org
Wed Feb 13 21:06:59 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 13 February 2008 11:12:04 O. Sinclair wrote:
> Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
> > My laptop connects at several different wireless points in several
> > offices, hence the need for a laptop I guess.
> >
> > Problems are this one location now requires a static IP for both the
> > wired and or wireless, 3 others are dhcp.
> >
> > How can I get k/networkmanager to work nicely with this situation. I am
> > happy with it with the dhcp wireless, works slick but when I set up a
> > manual (static) setting then it no longer works properly for new networks
> > with dhcp.
>
> I dont know if you can but I use WICD at wicd.sourceforge.net to sort
> out this and similar problems with wired networks with different
> settings. It replaces (k)networkmanager in other words.
>
> Sinclair

Thanks,

WICD seems to be working well now. Now let me ask you how I could generate a
script that would execute after connecting to a couple of nets that would
transparently change my proxy settings from direct connect to using a proxy
for all my browsers, (konqueror, konq4, and firefox) when attaching to
certian nets?

Mike