Downloading DV image from camera.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Feb 14 01:01:50 UTC 2008

I have added a Firewire port, and cable to match. Now I want to download a DV
video stream from my video camera.  Two questions:

1. What software do I need via apt-get to facilitate this?

2. Once the software is installed and sleeping nicely in its crib, how do I
activate it so that it will capture the video stream and put it in a file?

I am using a recent Kubuntu unstable, installed from the live cd (so unstable
that most of Koffice doesn't work yet.) This is written from another
partition.
--
John Culleton