Printer problem

Willis Taylor gods-servant at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 13 01:50:56 UTC 2008

Since I wanted to give Kubuntu a fair test against Ubuntu and I have
v.7.10 of both installed on my two main units and the printer wizard
only shows the ip4000 and nowhere near the ip4300 should I give up,
format the Kubuntu partition on my other machine and install Ubuntu on
it?  The driver for the ip4300 was waiting on me to use it in Ubuntu
7.10.  It's beginning to look like Kubuntu is not ready for the general
public, am I wrong?  I'm finding it very easy to get answers on the
Ubuntu list but there seems to be almost no activity here.