No valid font path

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:18:54 GMT 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 2:09 PM, Mike Bullen <mikebullen at verizon.net> wrote:
> Since this is the first time I am using ubuntu what you are saying is the
> server does not have a user interface and I need a client with an interface
> to talk to the server? Is that correct? Coming from a windows environment
> when I install windows server 2003 I get the interface to modify and setup
> the server, is there a way to add a user interface to the server 7.10 such
> as kubuntu. Hope this makes sense.

You can install a user-interface on your server for graphical server
management, just follow the advice by Donn and Clay.  The reason why
the server CD does not include a graphical user interface by default
is because most linux server admins prefer to use the command line
and/or have a headless server.  Coming from a Windows Server 2003
environment, this may seem awkward, but you can install a gui if you
would like.  Note that you would also need to install software to help
you manage your server.  I think you might like to try out Webmin.  It
should be in the repos.

Andrew

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2