Kontact Krashes Konstantly

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:24:48 UTC 2008

On 11/02/2008, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> Larry Hartman wrote:
>
> > I think I had this problem before....purge akregator and reinstall?....my
> > memory is fuzzy in how I fixed it.
> >
> Larry, please don't top post.
>
> > On Saturday 09 February 2008 12:19:26 pm Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >> I cannot open Kontact. As soon as it opens, it segfaults (11). There
> >> is no useful output. I suspect that the problem lies in the akregator
> >> component, which also will not open. All other components open fine.
>
> Larry's solution should work, but it's rather drastic.
>
> You could try just starting akregator and see if it's possible to
> reconfigure it.  If that doesn't work, try renaming
> ~/.kde/share/config/akregatorrc and restarting akregator.

From the original post:

feisty at feisty-laptop:~$ akregator
KCrash: Application 'akregator' crashing...
akregator: ERROR: Communication problem with akregator, it probably crashed.

So that wouldn't work. I simply went through the config files until I
found the one that when removed, allowed akregator to be started. I
then recovered it's contents.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il