requesting software to be added to repositories

Jussi Schultink jussi01 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 21:56:02 UTC 2008

This is a reply from Andrew Hunter, a Member of the Ubuntu Studio Team.

Jussi

First, you would check to see if a bug has already been filed (which it
already has) and if not  file it.

Then tag said bug report with needs-packaging. If you are going to
attempt to package it yourself, assign the bug to yourself.

The policy and procidure from here is documented in the wiki under the
MOTU page.

As for celtx as a package itself, a _lot_ of work would need to be done
to clean it up and package it. Due mainly IMO to the devs coming from a
non-*nix background, the source package is hell. The current upstream
set up is to have seperate binary built for each language it supports
(Don't believe me, have a look at the download section). There are other
problems that I wont list here.

The above it not to say that someone could not get a semi-funtional
package done up and in a PPA. Just don't expect to be able to get Celtx
in the repos in its current (upstream) state.