Updated kernel, same problem

Valter Mura valtermura at yahoo.it
Fri Feb 8 20:04:51 UTC 2008

Hi All,

few days ago I received an update for the kernel 2.6.22.xx, with which I have
a problem on booting: after reaching the fdisk procedure, the boot freeze,
the led of the hard disk remains turned on and I have to unplug the comp to
turn it off and reboot with the other available kernel 2.6.20.xx. The problem
still remains.

My system is a Compaq Presario S6398IT (IT stands for Italian version), two
hard disks, one windows dedicated, the other Linux dedicated, PIV 2800 GHZ,
256 + 512 (added) MB RAM, Graphic Card ATI Radeon 9200SE 128 MB.

Any ideas/suggestions?

TIA,
--
Valter
Gnupg key: 0x9A058949 in hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com