update breaks FF on 64-bit gutsy

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 19:47:15 UTC 2008

On Friday 08 February 2008 19:08:48 D. R. Evans wrote:

> D. R. Evans said the following at 02/08/2008 09:32 AM :
> > PS Hmmm... the entire installation seems to be broken. Just typing
> > "about:" in the address bar now gives an error too.
>
> I discovered I was getting weird DCOP errors too, and messages about some
> processes not running, so I ended up rebooting and that seems to have fixed
> everything.

Did you, by any chance, have FF running while updating?

I got the update on both my kubuntu and ubuntu, but while every thing went
smooth in kubuntu - FF was not running - on ubuntu a message came up asking
to make sure FF was shut down and restarted otherwise I was bound to have
problems. What kind of problems, it  didn't say.

--
lanzen