Remote desktop

Ranmadhu akamad+linux at
Thu Feb 7 21:20:58 UTC 2008

Jonas Norlander wrote:
> So if you want to access your computer from internet you
> need to translate the external ip and port in the router to your
> computers ip and
> port. It should be something like "port forward" in the router that
> you need to configure.
> / Jonas
David M.,
If you need to know how to forward the port, this website covers how 
this is achieved in most routers:

According to that site, VNC requires ports 5500, 5800 and 5900 to be open.


More information about the kubuntu-users mailing list