Synaptic: option "Add downloaded packages" does not work.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 22:41:44 UTC 2008

Hello everybody

After generating a script containing a list of 'downloaded packages' at
the desktop PC, I try to install the same software packages on another
PC with Kubuntu 7.10 via SYNAPTIC --> FILE >>> option "Add downloaded
packages". After choosing this option, I do get to see the directory
where I have copied the script file with the downloaded packages list
from the other PC. However, I simply do not manage to open this list via
that option. The file I need (and also other files) have been made
nearly invisible in order to indicate that I can't access it - in spite
of the fact that I run Synaptic only in the administrative mode. A
friend who also works with Synaptic in Kubuntu 7.10, does not have this
problem - however, he neither I have been able so far to discover which
difference from the point of view of software settings does cause this
problem in my case. Do you have any clue? I would highly appreciate your
feedback.

Respectfully Yours,

Bas.

--