Q: viewing fonts quickly

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 23:30:54 GMT 2008

Craig Drummond said the following at 02/05/2008 03:43 PM :
> On Tuesday 05 Feb 2008, D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Does anyone have a suggestion for how to quickly go through the large
>> number of fonts on the system so one can see if one has one installed that
>> looks for the job at hand?
> KDE4's font installer:
> http://home.freeuk.com/cpdrummond/fontinst-mgt1.png
> It should be in SystemSettings. Does that help?

Not really, although thanks for the suggestion. I'm not going to install
KDE4 until it's stable and absolutely guaranteed not to hose my KDE3

It does look nice, though.

I ended up using OOo Writer -- just clicking on the drop-down to change
font brings up a usable preview window. Not perfect, but a whole lot better
than anything else I could come up with.