Remote desktop

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 02:42:58 UTC 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 9:15 PM, David McGlone <d.mcglone at att.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently put Kubuntu on 3 peoples computer. All of them are windows
> converts :-)
>
> Anyway, One of these people is my mother-in-law and I set up a wireless
> network in her house for her to use her laptop and tonight I needed to help
> her with some stuff so I had her use krfb to send me an invitation so I could
> connect to her desktop using krdc, but the e-mail contained her computer IP
> and not her wan IP. So I had her give me her wan IP that her router was
> assigned from AT&T and I tried that but I couldn't get a connnection.
>
> Is there a trick to this? is: vnc:/192.168.2.3 at HER_WAN_IP the way to do it or
> am I way off?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> David M.

I'm not sure about this, but you could try pinging
192.168.2.3 at HER_WAN_IP to see if you are getting through the router.
If not, the router may be blocking your requests and you may need to
setup port forwarding on the router.  Not sure what port vnc uses, but
you could probably figure that one out.

Just a suggestion, hope it helps.
Andrew

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2