Remote desktop

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Wed Feb 6 02:15:38 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have recently put Kubuntu on 3 peoples computer. All of them are windows
converts :-)

Anyway, One of these people is my mother-in-law and I set up a wireless
network in her house for her to use her laptop and tonight I needed to help
her with some stuff so I had her use krfb to send me an invitation so I could
connect to her desktop using krdc, but the e-mail contained her computer IP
and not her wan IP. So I had her give me her wan IP that her router was
assigned from AT&T and I tried that but I couldn't get a connnection.

Is there a trick to this? is: vnc:/192.168.2.3 at HER_WAN_IP the way to do it or
am I way off?

Thanks,
--
David M.