using amarok with multiple configurations?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 21:45:25 GMT 2008

Sam Fielder said the following at 02/03/2008 09:44 AM :
> does anyone know if it is possible to start amarok with different
> profiles/configurations?
>
> my music is stored on my server at home. I am syncing a playlist to a SD
> card on my laptop so i can listen while I am away.  Every time I come
> home after listening to the music on the SD card the database is blank.
> (no history etc.)
>
> can i start amarok with different configs via the command line?
>
> also is it possible to combine statistics from the SD card into the main
> database

You probably should ask these questions on the amarok forum.

FWIW:

1. There is no mention of anything like this on the amarok man page,
although I'm not at all clear on what you mean by "configuration".

2. I think that the answer is "not without some tricky database
programming". (Basically because amarok regards a track as being different
if it's on different devices.)

  Doc