using amarok with multiple configurations?

Sam Fielder srf10130 at vtc.vsc.edu
Sun Feb 3 22:30:17 UTC 2008

D. R. Evans wrote:
> Sam Fielder said the following at 02/03/2008 09:44 AM :
>
>> does anyone know if it is possible to start amarok with different
>> profiles/configurations?
>>
>> my music is stored on my server at home. I am syncing a playlist to a SD
>> card on my laptop so i can listen while I am away.  Every time I come
>> home after listening to the music on the SD card the database is blank.
>> (no history etc.)
>>
>> can i start amarok with different configs via the command line?
>>
>> also is it possible to combine statistics from the SD card into the main
>> database
>>

> You probably should ask these questions on the amarok forum.
>
> FWIW:
>
> 1. There is no mention of anything like this on the amarok man page,
> although I'm not at all clear on what you mean by "configuration".
>
> 2. I think that the answer is "not without some tricky database
> programming". (Basically because amarok regards a track as being different
> if it's on different devices.)
>
>   Doc

Oh, what I would like to do is start  amarok when I am away with a
different db. this would get me around the worst part of the problem(the
"full"database being overwritten with the info from the sd card when I
listen away from home), but would also let me potentially merge the two
databases and keep a track of all of my listening history.

thanks again

sam