KDE4 crashing after log in...

Ronnie Tucker ronnie at ronnietucker.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 23:31:17 GMT 2008

hi all,

Been using KDE4 every day since release day and do like it (quirks and all).

Last night I decided to check for updates and there were a few (mainly
KDE3.5 ones though) but I updated anyway. Everything was ok for a few
minutes then plasma crashed to a grey screen. I logged out and logged
back in but after the nice login screen (no sounds) I got a grey
background screen with windows appearing on top of one another saying
that Krunner had crashed 'causing a signal 6' also so did knotify4,
plasma and kcminit_startup.

After closing those windows I was left with no desktop at all, just the
evil grey screen of death.  :(

Had to log back in to KDE3.5 and it's just not as pretty!
Any ideas as to what goosed my KDE4?  :/

Thanks!

--
Ronnie Tucker

ronnie at ronnietucker.co.uk