Is there a way to install a keyboard that was programmed for Windows?

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Mon Dec 29 14:07:42 GMT 2008

Steven Vollom wrote:
> I just purchased a new keyboard that has some nice features that require
> installing the software.  The programs are .exe's, and I use Kubuntu KDE.  I
> moved them to the c: drive of Wine, however they were rejected.  Is there a
> way to work around this problem?  TIA
>
> Steven

Hi Steven,

forget about the .exe's, they will only work with windows.

What you need is making all or (at least some) additional keys working
with Linux.

For a start, I would look here:
http://www.learnlinux.co.uk/E/technical_notes/ln0015.htm
and
http://linuxgazette.net/104/brown.html

Although those articles are not brand new, they are a good start.

Additionally this should work:
http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_multimedia_keyboard

Kind regards and have a happy new year
Eberhard