missing keyboard shortcut in mc 4.6.2-pre1 from kubuntu repo???

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Dec 30 08:44:56 UTC 2008

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
> But when I installed kubuntu 8.10 and discovered that the
> I compared the version strings from mc's initial <F1> help screen
> between both intrepid, and sabayon 3.5... Only to discover that both
> were in fact the same version { mc 4.6.2-pre1 } But the two shortcuts
> work on sabayon and NOT on kubuntu??????
>
> Would anybody know why?

I suppose the other distros have configured the shortcut.

> Or better yet, how to enable the shortcuts in
> kubuntu???

K-menu -> System Settings -> Keyboard Shortcuts -> Command Shortcuts.
Select the application from the menu (if you can't find it there you can
use the menu editor to add it). At the bottom of the window
select "Custom" for "Shortcut for selected command" and enter your
shortcut in the new window. Don't forget to click "Apply".

Nils