Installation of Ubuntu Studio 8.10 / Edmund Laugasson

Ash ash8kewl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 15:12:49 UTC 2008

Dear Edmund,

Thank you for your feedback on how I can go about installing Ubuntu Studio.

As I shared earlier, I am a new user and needless to say a bit scared that
if I do something wrong it might crash my notebook.

In your Feedback:

----------------------------------
Better this:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y install ubuntustudio-desktop && sudo
ldconfig && sudo dpkg
--configure -a && sudo apt-get clean && sudo reboot

Copy this to the terminal window, press enter, enter your password and watch
the action and after PC
automatically restarts, you have Ubuntu Studio :)
----------------------------------
I am confused. At what stage do I enter the above to the Terminal Window?
Will it be before the OS is selected? I currently have Win XP and Kubuntu
8.10 installed. I hope the above command will not affect the Win XP on my
system.

Do I need to have a CD Image of the Ubuntu Studio loaded in my CD-ROM?

----------------------------------

Then after restart I suggest upgrade:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade && sudo ldconfig && sudo
dpkg --configure -a &&
sudo apt-get clean && sudo reboot

Now you have after restart up-to-date Ubuntu Studio!

Do I need to be connected to internet for a live download for updates?

Please do educate me further. Cannot wait to install Ubuntu Studio !!! :D

Cheers!!!

- Ash