How do I change the default configuration of MPlayer movie player?

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 11:57:08 UTC 2008

2008/12/25 Steven Vollom <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>:

>> You can change the aspect ratio in Kaffeine to by pressing F5, F6, F7,
>> F8 or F9 or from the menu, Player > Video > Aspect ratio (don't know
>> the exact english translation).
>
> When the aspect ratio opened, none of the choices were active.  I could not
> set aspect.  Additionally there was no choice for 16:9 which is what I
> prefer.
>
> Thanks Jonas,
> Steven

Pressing F7 gives me 16:9 aspect ratio. Changing the aspect resolution
to something that the video source is not will stretch the image so it
looks strange. Many LCD TV will as default stretch the picture so it
will fill the screen no matter what aspect ratio the source got and i
just hate it, but others thinks it's more important that the picture
fills the whole screen then that a circle is round.

/ Jonas