Printing HTML file via lpr: page, not code!

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Tue Dec 23 21:23:33 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Thanks, Matthew. a2ps seems to call html2ps internally, which cannot
> handle the unicode in the document. That is, unless I am doing it
> wrong:

Yeah, you seem to be right.  That's even documented in the man page
("Currently recognized values are ISO-8859-1, EUC-JP, SHIFT-JIS, and
ISO-2022-JP (other EUC-xx encodings may also work).")  If it actually
uses characters outside of ISO-8859-1, I don't have a solution.  Take a
look at iconv, though.

> $ html2ps calendar.html > calendar.ps
> Returns a page with the incorrect encoding (UTF-8 as iso-8859-1).

What exactly do you mean?  It misinterprets UTF-8 input as ISO-8859-1 input?

Matt Flaschen