KDE4 questions, two problems

Valter Mura valtermura at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 19:08:25 UTC 2008

Il sabato 13 dicembre 2008 01:19:53 Billie Walsh ha scritto:
> On 12/12/2008 Alan Dacey wrote:
> >  2- How do I clearly get the packages I search for to show up in the
> >  list
> >  on the right in Adept?  Is there a tutorial on the new tagging system
> >  or
> >  something?
>
> Forget about Adept. They've totally trashed it. Practically worthless
> now. Use Synaptic. It should be installed by default.

Well, not totally trashed. If you go to KMenu/Applications/System/Adept
manager, the Interface is changed but the functions are almost the same. We
must learn to use the "relevant tags" to search packages and click on
"details" to look at files and dependencies.

--
Valter
Registered Linux User #466410  http://counter.li.org