Kmenu and KDE4

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 22:34:52 UTC 2008

> For example, I subscribe to a jazz list.  There are people on the list who
> have introduced me to many gems, and whose tastes are similar to mine.  There
> are others whose past recommendations caused me brain pain.  In that sense,
> it isn't how many, but who is saying it.  Likewise, someone I don't know is
> putting their recommendation in a context that I know I like, while others
> make positive comparisons to stuff I don't like.  As people, we make these
> informed judgments all the time.

And this is a great point, who's tastes are correct? It is obvious to
you who's are better for you but not for everyone else, thus we have
many choices in a good system. We also have a choice of distros and
have picked this one because it has what we want and thus we don't
like that to change. And we REALLY don't like it when the change is to
something less functional. People hate change but they also always
think the grass is greener on the other side. Sometimes it is and we
need to be dragged over there but sometimes it simple is mud and we
get dirty and mad at the dragger and want to go back.
--
Douglas E Knapp

Amazon Gift Cards; let them choose!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001078FFE?ie=UTF8&tag=seattlebujinkand&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001078FFE