Kmenu and KDE4

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Dec 22 01:15:25 UTC 2008

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> Users do not drive innovation. If it was left entirely to users
> interfaces would *never* change. Sometimes developers have to role the
> dice and take a dive into the unknown.

That's true, but the developers still have to be willing to listen to
the users, and separate out the "I hate this because I hate change"
complaints from the "I hate this because it's unintuitive, complicated,
and is giving me repetitive strain injuries".  More than anything else,
the problem with KDE4 seems to be that there are NO developers who seem
willing to talk to users in a forum like this.
--
derek