Kmenu and KDE4

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 00:03:34 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net> wrote:
> Following the link given by Joe in his thread I found this golden nugget:
>

>>         What's the deal with the K menu? It's big and ugly!

I'm one of those people who don't even like the "classic" Kmenu (or
any Start menu actually).  I loved katapult, and can live with its
merger into alt+F2.  What I miss is QuickLauncher.  I can add
launchers to the panel with KDE 4.1, but the icons  are so big, they
take up too much space.  Is there a way to make them smaller so that I
can fit two rows?  I noticed with my 3.5 and 4.1 machines side by side
that 8 launchers on the 3.5 panel take up the same space as one and a
half take up on 4.1.

artAlexion
sent unsigned from webmail interface