KNode warning about line length

Philip Wood unclehonk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 11:12:16 UTC 2008

Is it possible to get Kubuntu to use the power of a GeForce 6950m 6S 512 MB GPU which is built into my Acer Aspire laptop? At the moment it is only running as a generic VESA chip at 800 * 600 which isn't much use. I have Kubuntu 8.04 (I think) installed from a PCPRO magazine distro. December issue I think.
Although it seems to recognise the sound hardware it won't make any noise either, (Realtek high definition audio, according to the Vista Device Manager).

Fi naly, I have a Huwaei USB 3G datacard from Vodafone. Kubuntu does see it but I presume it needs to be configured before Kubuntu can get on-line as it doesn't do anything yet, anyone know how?

Thanks in anticipation.

Phil.