Email goes to Outbox

nepal nepal.roade at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 15 20:57:12 UTC 2008

On Monday 15 December 2008 18:13:16 Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Monday 15 December 2008, nepal wrote:
> > as mentioned in another thread on this topic
> >
> > <this is bad news, two threads for a single ongoing topic>
> >
> > the problem appears to do with the transport protocol. i.e. the
> > smtp server for 'mypostoffice' will not send googlemail messages.
> > Yet that was the default being set by kmail.
>
> So why didn't you set the default to something proper?

I don't understand your question, what do you mean by "proper".
Originally I set the default as my main ??@mypostoffice.co.uk smtp
account. However when I wished to use a googlemail account to send a
message, the transport protocol would still default to
@mypostoffice.... and the message would fail to get sent. I even
remember many occasions that I selected a googlemail transport
protocol, and hit re-send, yet the default @mypostoffice.co.uk
returned. This version of kde and kmail is the first encounter I have
had with transport protocols and these associated prpblems. All I did
in the past was enter each of the smtp accounts that I wanted to use,
and then select the appropriate email address to use them.

nepal.