blue rectangle covering 'system tray' icons

Brian Norman Wootton Brian.Meg at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 15 14:33:08 UTC 2008

I've mentioned this before, I have this blue rectangle which covers or
partially covers
system tray icons, at the moment it's covering the volume icon, but at
different times it covers 'eth0', hplip, skype, time and date. It's also
now corrupting the date/time and
covering the dolphin icon, it's annoying rather than earth shattering
and it seems worst
when I'm emailing kubuntu-users-request. Has anybody got anything
similar, has anybody got any answers? I'm using T-Bird on kubuntu 8.10
on 64b amd.
brian