OpenOffice 3.0 - currently broken

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 12:38:39 UTC 2008

2008/12/15 Michael Krueger <mickrulist at voipfuture.com>:
> Jonas Norlander wrote:

>>> I think you need to install Sun's OOo3 if you want that to work.
>>>

>> I just did a quick test and exported a small text file to PDF and it
>> worked OOo 3 from PPA without the openoffice.org-kde.
>>
>> / Jonas
>>

> I did install OOo3 from this location:
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ubuntu intrepid main
>
> I did install openoffice.org-kde as well. Then the fixes as described in
> this thread.
> The PDF export did work prior the ...6 update. Now it doesn't.

Thats the same version i use but i did not apply any of the "fixes" in
this thread except uninstalling the openoffice.org-kde package and
OpenOffice works fine for me and a quick test trying to export a small
tex file to PDF worked fine for me.

> So what do you mean with the Sun OOo3... ? If you mean the setup from
> their homepage, then I can say that I have tried them prior following
> the suggestions in this thread. I was not able to make them work.

I did not say anything about Suns OpenOffice that was Lanzen, I have
not tried it.

/ Jonas