Kontact and akonadi resources

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Sun Dec 14 09:54:30 UTC 2008

Hi

I am trying to use the organizer from within kontact (on KDE4.2 beta 1) and
want to import 2 calendars:

1. my personal calendar located on the local HD
2. a common google calendar shared with my colleagues

I think I should be able to do it using the new akonadi, but researching does
not reveal much information. Also trying out does not yield the desired
result. eg. I entered my personal calendar through akonadi and it showed up.
Then I tried to add the google calendar, first as a local resource, but this
does not allow to sync with the google calendar. By doing this I also lost the
personal calendar which I had to reenter in akonadi.

What is the "new KDE 4.2" way of doing this?

Tx/Alain