konqueror search engines

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 14 04:13:04 UTC 2008

> ] Without the complete e-mail address/password it won't connect to the
> server.
Yes.  Thanks Billie.  I am able to send and receive now.  A new problem
started that seemed like it was Kmail related, but I don't think so now.  The
new problem was that every time I would send an email using Kmail, it would
immediately be placed into the Outbox, with a warning that there was a
problem connecting to the server.  Additionally, in the warning it used
Sbcglobal.net as the Account name.  When I checked with my pop configuration,
it showed Studio25 as my account name and for smtp the account name was
Sbcglobal.net.  Nils explained that Kmail takes the smtp Account name from
your email address, so that explained that.  The strange thing for me was
that when sbcglobal was replaced by AT&T,  my email stayed and is still,
stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net, however new att clients have
(name)@att.yahoo.com.  So, I thought perhaps that peculiarity was perhaps
part of the problem.  Apparently it isn't.

I now believe the problem is with the server, and I cannot afford their
service fee.  $100 for Linux users.  Still, they are the cheapest monthly for
DSL, so I must keep them.  $15 per month DSL.

Thanks for your continued interest and help, but consider the problem
Resolved, at least as far as I am concerned.  Merry Christmas and Happy New
Year, my friend.

Steven