KDE4 questions, two problems

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Sat Dec 13 07:12:28 UTC 2008

Knapp wrote:
> If you just type aptitude on the CLI you will get an intresting gui
> with a lot of power and that leads naturally to the short cut of using
> it as a CLI program.

    While I am a fan of aptitude (long time Debian user, so natch) but I =
fail
to see how adept is that bad?  Specifically Alan was looking for vlc.  I =
just
opened Adept, typed in "vlc" in the search, clicked on "multimedia" and i=
t was
4th option.  Granted this was on 4.2 but the 4.1 version was not any diff=
erent
in this regard.

--=20
         Steve C. Lamb         | I am not a nice man... see link...
----

----