KDE4 questions, two problems

Alan Dacey GrokIt at ajinfosearch.com
Sat Dec 13 00:35:39 UTC 2008

Billie Walsh wrote:
> On 12/12/2008 Alan Dacey wrote:
>>  2- How do I clearly get the packages I search for to show up in the
>>  list
>>  on the right in Adept?  Is there a tutorial on the new tagging system
>>  or
>>  something?
>>

> Forget about Adept. They've totally trashed it. Practically worthless
> now. Use Synaptic. It should be installed by default.

So in other words, Adept=0

I was thinking about Synaptic but I wanted to see if there was a magic trick to
make it work first.  It's butt-ugly but it does work very well.

--
"The second most satisfying thing in life is to totally understand a complicated
concept. If you are very lucky you may attain *the* most satisfying thing in