Amarok does not load

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 23:01:01 UTC 2008

2008/12/12 Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>:
> Jonas Norlander wrote:
>
>> 2008/12/12 Peter Klaassen <peterklaassen at quicknet.nl>:
>>> Kubuntu HH 8.04 KDE 3.5
>>>
>>> error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1: invalid
>>> ELF header
>>>
>>> how can I solve this?
>>
>> The file could have become corrupted so you could try to reinstall it.
>> libGL that looks like it's a OpenGL library.
>> $ LANG="C" dpkg -S /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
>> diversion by nvidia-glx-177 from: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
>> diversion by nvidia-glx-177 to: /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1.xlibmesa
>> libgl1-mesa-glx, nvidia-glx-177: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
>>
>> So for me the /usr/lib/libGL.so.1file belongs to the nvidia-glx-177
>> package.
>
> Surely that's backwards?  /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 is in  libgl1-mesa-glx,
> and nvidia-glx-177 is making it use something else (though that could
> mean that the nvidia* package and its diversion would be the real
> problem).
>
> Only the mesa package is supplying it on my system, but then I just
> purged the nvidia-glx stuff this week.
> --
> derek

I'm not sure how to interpret that output but i know that when
installing the nvidia drivers downloaded from there site and
installing it will backup the files from mesa and install its own
opengl libraries (at least thats how it used to be) and my guess is
it's whats done here and the output mean.

/ Jonas