kontact 1.3 - some question on HOWTO

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Fri Dec 12 08:43:28 UTC 2008

Hi

I cleanly installed intrepid and found that kmail/korganizer/kaddressbook
(version kde4.2 beta 1) now rely on akonadi for storing different types of
information. The general framework is that it is a DB which stores different
type of infos.

I do not know how I should:
1. install the calendars I use. I have a local personal calendar and I use a
google calendar for information common with colleagues. The local calendar is
visible after an import using akonadi, but how do we best connect to the
google calendar? In hardy I did it using gcaldaemon to sync a local version,
but that solution is not ideal since at work I am behind a proxy and at home
not.
2. is it possible to adjust the proxy settings for all kde apps after a
connection is made using a script post launched by wicd?
3. I also have a google mail account, how should I set it up using the akonadi
DB?

Tx for any help

Alain MULS                                 alain.muls at telenet.be
CISS-GENA                                           +32.2.7426340
Renaissance Avenue 30
1000 BRUSSELS - Belgium
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org